Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm a good hugger!

For some reason it's easy for me to see my flaws and harder to find my own strengths.

This may sound odd, counter intuitive or something.  I think people are use to seeing the flaws in others and wondering why they don't fix them, or sometimes even see them. I however see a lot of my own flaws. I see them, and I acknowledge them, and I don't always know how to fix them, but I try. I don't need to tell you all of them, I know they are there. I have felt very beaten up recently, a punch to the face would have been easier to recover from.  No, I didn't get punched I just got judged. I see my faults and I am trying to fix them. That is all I can do. It is all I am capable of, so I take a deep breath, I acknowledge my fears and inabilities and then move forward. Broken, yes, bruised a little, but nothing that I won't get over.

Some days though all I feel is broken. On those day I try to think of something I am good at, something that is all mine and that can't be ruined. Twice last week two separate people complimented me on my hugging abilities. It may sound silly, but I give good hugs. Last week was not the first time I had heard that compliment, I have always been a good hugger. I had forgotten it though. I will not let that happen again. I give good hugs. No one can take that from me, or judge it, or ruin it in any way, it is mine. I will be proud of my gift and share with all who are willing to receive it. Who knows I may be the next person to join the "free hugs" movement, if I am I highly suggest you take me up on it 'cause I give a pretty damn good hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment