Monday, November 15, 2010

some are silver but the others gold

You know that childhood song,

Make new friends,
But keep the old.
One is silver,
And the other, gold.
A circle's round
It has no end
That's how long
I'm gonna be your friend.

Ok before I go on I should preface this with I am very thankful to have new and old friends in my life!
This weekend Jeremy and I went to the city to hang out with one of our old friends Sam. Sam is not old, we just have known him forever, anyhow, it was great to get away! I'm super annoyed that I left my camera at home!! But with our trusty cell phones we did get two pics:




We had a great time...with out our small people. Thanks to some of our newer friends.

Anyhow Sam is single in the city and lives a very different life then mine in the burbs with two kids and a mini-van (it's ok you can all be jealous of me!) and I love seeing how he lives in his 10th floor studio apt with a view that's to die for!!! He is directly overlooking the water, there isn't one building between his and the bay, he can see fisherman's wharf and in the distance is the infamous golden gate bridge, did I say it's amazing...'cause it is!  Well after a visit like that it's hard not to kind of wish, just a little bit, that maybe things were different in your life... but then I see this:


...and it's hard not to love it! Mini-van and all.

The best part of it is that I get to go to visit my amazing friends place, then come home to these two crazy monkeys!

 

2 comments:

  1. Friends are so special! I'm so excited that we're moving back to the mainland and so much closer to our friends. California is going to be such an adventure. Too bad Camp Pendleton is still pretty far from where you and Jeremy are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's a drive away and not a plane away!

    ReplyDelete