Sunday, April 17, 2011

Single mom'n it

Since having children I have had an appreciation for how difficult single moms have it. This parenting thing is a lot of work with two people I couldn't imagine doing it alone. Every two weeks when Jeremy gets his chemo I get a small glimpse into these moms lives. I run the household on my own, and honestly the thing I feel the most is alone.

You see I know in this day and age it may seem weird but I like my husband. I choose to marry him because he's my best friend, he's my comrade in the battle to keep the high ground. It's not always sunshine and roses in my house but I do know that at the end of the day he's got my back, and I've got his. And for three days every other week I lose him. He sleeps, wakes enough to eat, then sleeps again and so the cycle goes. Remember  when you are kid and you skid your knee how you want to be held, at the end of an exhausting day like that I want to snuggle with Jeremy. And trust me those days are exhausting!! Today we went out for a few hours to a birthday party, and left when Jeremy was worn out. Once we got home he crawled straight in bed and fell asleep like a rock. Tomorrow he should be good, he should be able to stay awake most of the day with possibly just one nap. Tomorrow we will have a good day!

 It's hard not to want to snuggle when he cocoons himself up like this!





Believe me I don't think I have the short end of the stick by any means. I am sure Jeremy feels very lonely at times too, because although I am here and will listen I can not relate.  I just try not to let him see how hard it is on me during his weakest moments because I know how badly he wishes this weren't his reality.  So I vent to the cyber world where I may never be heard or I may be heard by millions (ha ha) but I still feel better at the end of the day. Thank you for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Liz! This is a great post.

    But damn, I look good in that picture.

    From Jeremy

    ReplyDelete