Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jump!

Have I shared my love of 80's glam-hair rock bands? If I got to choose the soundtrack to my life I think these songs would be most of the soundtrack. So it should come as no surprise that I'm relaying some great news to you through the use of one of them!!

A few weeks ago Jeremy had a pet scan done. The purpose of the scan was to compare it to the scan that was done at the beginning of his diagnosis. At his next visit I'm going to take a picture so you can see what we got to see but basically on the first scan there were dark circles all over. The dark circles are everything in his body that was infected with cancer. It was a little scary to see it everywhere. The second scan showed no dark circles! Not one! I almost cried! It was exactly what we were hoping for and it definitely was the best case scenario but I'm not gonna lie and say that I hadn't been worried it wasn't what they were going to see. A small (tiny) piece of me was worried there would still be something there, and if there was something there a small (kinda huge) piece of me wondered if my family would survive another 6 months of chemo! But guess what we don't have to find out!!! Yay!! I'm so excited!

Anyhow on our way home from the appointment the song Jump came on the radio. Who knows he could be talking about jumping off a bridge, but at that moment I wanted to jump I was so excited! And the lyrics seemed to be talking to me! So today take a moment to join me in the soundtrack of my life and JUMP!


I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I've seen the toughest around.
And I know, baby, just how you feel.
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real 

Oh can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean ?
Might as well jump. Jump !
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, jump. Jump !
Go ahead, jump.
Aaa-ohh Hey you ! How said that ?
Baby how you been ?
You say you don't know, you won't know until we begin.
Well can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean ?
Might as well jump. Jump !
Go ahead, jump.
Might as well jump. Jump !
Go ahead, jump. 



P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the amazing Papa's in my life! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is sooooo Awesome!! I bet it was a great weekend for all of you to celebrate. Way to WIN the battle Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete