Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Sunday

Do you ever get that feeling? You know when you are sure you were supposed to be somewhere exactly when you were? This morning that happened for me.

I believe in God, and have a strong faith, but since moving to Sacramento we have yet to find a church to attend. I was raised Catholic, and there are a lot of things I love about that, and a lot of things I don't. The main reason I want to find a church to attend is because I feel this is where my faith grew from. The community you have in a church is different from anywhere else. More importantly the comfort I've received in times of need  knowing there is a God is unexplainable, and I want my children to have that. This morning Jeremy and I went to Church, it was different from what my experiences of church were, but it was the same feeling.

The stronger feeling though was, we are supposed to be here TODAY. We've talked about going several times and haven't made it happen, but somehow today we got there. During the service the pastor explained that since today was the first Sunday of the month, it was healing Sunday. During healing Sunday they take a moment to allow any elderly or sick people to come forward and be prayed for. So one by one people would go forward, kneel down and the pastor and a group of people would come and lay there hands on you while praying for your healing.  Of course I know that my husband is not sick, anymore, but his continued health is a big deal.  So I encouraged him to go up. He did. I cried watching these people who do not know him pray for his continued health. Immediately after this part in the service the pastor asked a man to come forward and share his journey of faith with the congregation. What do you think his story was about, well cancer of course. It wasn't our story but of course there were feelings he shared that Jeremy too had experienced. It was just a day of knowing, THIS is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Somewhere in there is my husband


2 comments: