Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love and Profanities

A few months ago a friend started a blog and facebook page to show support for Jeremy and I during this time while he's away! It has been an amazing outpouring of love and support coming from people (most of who we don't know) constantly sharing their love with us. Here's the catch, the blog says the word....fuck!

Agh, I know, so blunt a word isn't usually loved by all and we've had our share of people who have asked why we used it, and I thought I should explain. First I learned all about swearing from my grandmother, Nana. Anyone who knew her probably doesn't believe me because she was a very proper and religious woman. Nana loved to say things like damn and call people jack asses. Mainly she said things I knew I'd get in trouble if I said, so I'd correct her "Nana you can't say that it's bad, it's swearing!" Her response is something I'll always remember "No it's cursing, swearing is taking the Lords name in vain, and that is something I do not do!" I love this woman for a million reasons, today I love her for helping me know that cursing is sometimes exactly what you need to get your point across.

Second if you had this pesky little thing called cancer come invade your life again and again, and then once you really were sure it was gone, it came back again please tell me what word you would use. I choose to say FUCK! Fuck Cancer. Fuck this stupid thing that won't go away. I want to use a word that is uglier then this thing that I can't control and can't get to go away. I want to scream fuck from the rooftops! That's why I use fuck, and that's why I'm ok with it being used to gain support for my family. I wouldn't wish the last 2 1/2 years of my life on anyone, but if it happens to you feel free to call me up and say fuck! Hopefully that won't be the case, but if you need to get it out of your system please feel free to check out the blog and share some fucking love with us!

Keepcalmandfuckcancer.blogspot.com               Facebook Page

3 comments:

  1. We love you guys and your profanities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A curse is just a curse....don't feel any pain from it! :)

    ReplyDelete