Thursday, October 24, 2019

Hug them, please

I've written before about how I am a hugger, I was raised by huggers and I've created two more people who also are good huggers and who enjoy hugs. It's taken me awhile to realize not all children or adults like being hugged so I'm trying to become more conscious and always ask but I definitely identify as a hugger! I've loved having my boys always want to curl up for an early morning snuggle, but now that we've entered that lovely preteen angst-y fun it happens less and less. I can still count on them for quick kiss goodbye or goodnight but the soul feeding hugs have become harder to find.  It may sound silly but I'm worried for my boys because they aren't getting all their hugs! I still find my hugs everywhere, I seek out friends, I hug almost anyone I meet, I've even stopped my car to hug friends I haven't seen but who are going in different directions then me, but my boys main source of hugs is home and they currently aren't having it here. I think they feel like my hugs are trying to cure something or take away sadness. To be fair they 100% are! But that doesn't make them any less needed!! Anyhow this is a simple, small request to those who may see my children, if you too are a hugger (or you aren't but are willing to be uncomfortable for a few seconds) ask my boys for a hug. I know they could use it! ...who knows maybe you could use it too!


XOXO-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment