Thursday, May 19, 2011

I was born this way

So my recent obsession is the show Glee.   I was watching past episodes tonight and I couldn't help but think of a conversation with Sawyer earlier today...


This evening as we were walking out the door to go on a family bike ride I was slightly frustrated with myself and I know it was written all over my face. We get to the door and Sawyer looks at me and says "mom are you mad?" -"No" I respond. "Then why does your face look like that?" he continues. Hmm...Although part of me wanted to say "Don't worry about it, it's not your face!" The mom in me thought I probably ought not say that. So I went with the next thing that popped in my head, "because God made me it that way." I wasn't quite sure what he was thinking because he looked at me sort of funny and then asked me to repeat it,  slowly a smile appeared on his face. Then he ran out and said "Papa, you know why mom's face looks like that? Because God made it that way!" He thought that was the funniest thing ever. Needless to say I quickly forgot what had made my face so visibly stressed and enjoyed a lovely bike ride with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment