Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The wrong side of the bed

There are days when I feel like my kids definitely wake up on the wrong side of the bed. They are cranky for no reason. Everything is a fight. Generally they are just little turds those days. Today was not one of those days.

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was cranky right of the bat, even tho my kids slept until after 6:30. I probably did it to myself, ok I definitely could have improved my morning had I not lost motivation last night. I did not clean my kitchen. I woke to a pile of  dishes. I did not prep my coffee pot. This is a problem for very obvious reasons! I did not prepare an art project for the kids, and Sawyer's first words this morning were "where's the art?!" Ugh.... I was definitely behind the eight ball well before this morning started.

Today's attempt at coffee
 So I've heard recently a lot about slowing down and enjoying every aspect of your life more. Things like sitting down and eating breakfast on a real plate, using a decorative cup to drink your coffee or tea, simple things to make you more aware of your surroundings. Well I'm hear to tell you it's all crap! It may work for those French Skinny B!@%^*S but here in America I need a big fricken mug o coffee in the morning!!! This morning I drank my coffee from a beautiful little china tea cup...and do you know what I found? I have to get up and refill it every 2 minutes! So Annoying!!

Tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow I will wake up to no dishes in the sink. Tomorrow I will have an art project waiting for my children when they wake. Tomorrow I will have prepared my coffee pot so that I can enjoy my mug that will hopefully be about this big...

:)
p.s. I didn't mean all French skinny woman are B's I was just referring to that silly book! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Being prepared is half the battle. Having some order to things is part of the battle. I HATE waking up to dirty dishes. Having things prepped before who ever needs them makes life 100 times more enjoyable. So tomorrow you will enjoy that the coffee is ready, the craft is prepped, and all is right in the world - even when the boys wake up on the wrong side of the bed. No?

    ReplyDelete