Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Slap in the face!

Do you ever have a day when life slaps you in the face? The last two days have been like that for me. The weird thing is that nothing significant has happened. The most random people have asked me how I'm doing, which if you can imagine I hear a lot these days, and answering has made me cry. Taking hours to study Jeremy's new diet was hard on me. I like to cook, but being given such strict rules and knowing these rules can harm my husband if not followed correctly, has given me fear. Fear that I will not be able to cook for him. Fear that I will make him sick. Just Fear. I can honestly say this has been a long year, with lots of tears but recently it feels even longer.

I think the reality of Jeremy going in for his bone marrow transplant is hitting us hard right now. Up until a few days ago it was all talk and preparing for "when the time comes". Well guess what the time is here! Last Thursday we starting giving Jeremy shots to boost his white blood cell counts, and yesterday he went in to start the harvest process. We were both prepared for all of this, but the ride into the hospital was a quiet one. We have managed to tweak his schedule enough to make sure he gets to be home for Thanksgiving.  There is no guarantee if he will be home for Christmas, but at least we can start the holidays together as a family.  I'm excited to end this year. Next year will be better.

Jeremy and I on our wedding day 7-10-04

7 comments:

  1. Liz and family, I think of you often and pray for you continuously. -The other Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you and your family and sending good, healing thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I've been thinking and praying for you often. You are such an amazing wife to Jeremy and your sweet boys are so lucky to call you mom. These things aren't supposed to happen to happy families. Right? I try to believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Just remember he is carrying you through the hard times. - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz,
    I just have to say that you are one Incredible, Awesome and an Amazing Strong Woman, Mom, Sister and Cousin. I love you to pieces and thank you for keep us all updated. Manuel and I are planning to go up there to be with you and the kids and would love to take the kids off your shoulder to help out in any way so you can have the most with your amazing husband. Please keep in touch and let us know when is good or better for you guys. Love and Honor you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed every day by your poignant words, how clearly you can express the convoluted emotions you experience within. I think of you and your family often, and wish nothing but for the very best outcome in the coming weeks. My thoughts are with you and your beautiful and outstanding family. -Emily Sterling

    ReplyDelete