Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Here we go again.....and again.

Looks like it's time to bust out the ol' blog again... You can probably guess what that mean, here we go again. A few weeks ago we found out Jeremy has another spot and will be undergoing treatment again in the near future. We've met with the Dr once and have heard lots of "options" but as of yet he hasn't decided the best course of action.  He's currently getting second opinions and researching while we sit and fidget, and basically go insane with the wait. We see him next week and should have a better idea of what to expect, but could be a month before Jeremy starts treatment.

As expected this was quite a shock to the boys. They've both expressed their fears with wisdom beyond their age but have also have had moments of fear, sadness and anger which we knew would come. This is the first time we've told them and then asked who they wanted to notify. They are older now, they have a circle, they have friends and they have to right to tell their story the way the want it to be heard and by whom. If you are a parent in their circle, please try and honor their wishes. I know what gets discussed in every home is different and you obviously you can discuss as you wish, but know that over here I have one child who is terrified he's going to be treated differently by his friends and another who went straight to school and told his entire class in hopes of extra support. We are in uncharted territory. Previously we (mainly I) shared our story the way I saw fit, now we have two very different young men living in our home who need support in different ways also telling their truth to the world. We are learning. We are growing. We are loving each other.

This weekend we ran away to Universal Studios with some of the kids' cousins. We made no excuse for our trip, we sugar coated nothing...We are driving 6 hours to get some hugs and to keep our minds busy for a few days. From my perspective the trip was a success. My kids felt loved, and we all got some much needed hugs. I was probably the worst company ever, my mind is not right. In front of my boys I try and smile, as soon as they step out of eye sight the weight in my chest is visible in my face. I see it when I look in the mirror.

This brings me to the point of this blog!  As soon as we share our story with anyone near or far, family or friend the first sentence is "I'm so sorry, please let us know how we can help!" Honestly there's nothing anyone can do right now besides pray, think good thoughts, send us good juju... you know do what you do, to love us from wherever you are.....but if you are so inclined I have thought of one other thing you could do! I want to start a good vibes jar. A jar full of love from anyone and everyone willing to send it our way. My plan is to keep it on the table with love notes, jokes, funny stories, poems, mantras, anything that helps you get through the rough days and that way when any of us is having a shitty moment we can pull a note out to remind us that there is love in the world coming our way. You can email me at lizkennish@gmail.com and I can print them, or you can request my address that way too if you want it in your own handwriting. No thought is too small and no story too long. My glass of sunshine is running low so I am asking you to help fill it.  I'm guessing you'll be hearing more from me in the coming weeks because this has always been my favorite way to clear my head. But until the next time, here's some pics of this weekends fun to hold you over!




Love & Snuggles,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment